Friends and Neighbors,
Thank you for visiting my website, and for taking the time to research my candidacy for Three Rivers Park Board. I’m looking forward to continue serving our communities in this important role.
The Three Rivers Park District manages almost 27,000 acres of park reserves, regional parks, regional trails, and special-use facilities in the west metro. Here are some of my goals as a member of the Park Board:
- Continued transparency in the management and supervision of the parks to citizens and users of our parks and facilities.
- Find and develop pocket parks in the first tier suburbs of Hennepin County.
- Provide more Explorer camps to youth and seniors in the first tier suburbs.
- Maintain our parks and trails and not defer the costs of maintenance and repair to protect our future generations from large tax bills.
- Making our Parks more accessible and available to seniors. Develop more programs focused on getting seniors into our parks, and giving them more creative options to stay physically active.
- Increase usage by our families and specifically kids. Focused on expanding educational sporting opportunities like teaching kids how to safely fish, trap, hunt, archery and gun safety programs.
- Fiscal oversight of operation of our parks system. As a CPA, I have professional experience in fiscal oversight that will allow me to make sure we are using our financial resources in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Develop more partnerships with cities and private and not for profit enterprises to grow and enhance the mission of Three Rivers Park District.
While these positions may not be the most glamorous or high profile, it is very important to make sure that we are managing these resources properly. I feel that I bring a great deal to this position, and I ask for your vote in November. Thank you again for taking the time to visit my website, and please feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to serving you.
- Dan and his wife Vicki of 26 years live in Golden Valley with son, Nathaniel, age 20
- CPA, small business owner
- Active in Golden Valley Lutheran Church, Ducks Unlimited and Pheasants Forever
- Farm owner and active conservationist
- Vice-chair, Three Rivers Park Board
- Chair, Finance and Administration Committee, Three Rivers Park Board
- Member, Joint Powers Board of Three Rivers Park District and Scott County
- Member, Joint Powers Board of Sochacki Park, Three Rivers Park District, City of Golden Valley, and City of Robbinsdale
- Former Treasurer, TwinWest Chamber
- Former Treasurer, TwinWest Foundation
- Former President, Phoenix Soccer Club
- Former Vice-President of Competitive Soccer, Phoenix Soccer Club
- Former Treasurer, Phoenix Soccer Club
- Former Assistant Soccer Coach, Columbia Heights Senior High
- Former Treasurer, Golden Valley Lutheran Church
Contact the Campaign
Have a question or comment? Want to know how you can help? Contact us today or fill out the form below! We’ll get back to you promptly.
Freeman Volunteer Committee
1031 Pennsylvania Ave N
Golden Valley, MN 55427
Connect with Dan: